Top 10 Tips to Maintain an Organized Closet
Want to feel successful today? Organize your closet!
Do you know the process?
Sort like items together
Purge unwanted items
Assign a home for each type of item
Contain with products if needed.
Maintain the space with the do it now principle
You can complete this project in one day, from start to finish. Now here are 10 tips to keep you feeling that organizing success.
Top 10 Tips to Maintain your closet once it’s organized.
- Don’t purchase organizing products before you have sorted, purged, and assigned them.
- Don’t store anything in your closet that is not clothing or accessories.
- Think of the closet as three separate spaces: shelves, hanging space, and floor.
- Turn hangers around in the Spring and Fall to see what you wear.
- Use all similar types of hangers. Never wire hangers.
- Store empty hangers together, Not mixed in with clothes.
- Use the One-In/One-Out Rule: for every item, you bring into the closet, take one out.
- Remember the 80/20 Rule. 80% of your clothing, you use 20% of the time.
- Do It Now Principle: If it will take less than 2 minutes to do, don’t put it off.
- Keep only what fits, is useful, in style, needs no repairs and you especially love.
In conclusion, an organized closet isn’t the be-all-end-all, but it can spark the organizing genius in you.
Get Organized Today
Are you looking for ways to reduce the clutter in your life? Need doable solutions and examples that will make your busy life less stressful and more organized. This is the book for you!
A collaboration of many professionals, to provide inspiration that affirms the power and importance of getting organized. The book provides practical ideas that you can use immediately to live a better, more effective life.
You can order your paperback or ebook copy here today!
Subscribe by email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Janet has been organizing since 2005. She is a Certified Professional Organizer and the owner of Basic Organization.
She loves using her background as a space planner to challenge her clients to look at their space differently. She leads the team in large projects and works one-on-one with clients to help the process move quickly and comfortably. Call her crazy, but she loves to work with paper, to purge what is not needed and to create filing systems that work for each individual client.
Janet is a Past Board Member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals and a Past President of the Washington DC Chapter of NAPO were she has been named Organizer of the Year and Volunteer of the Year.