The Little Bits Add Up
The Little Bits Add Up!
Becoming more organized doesn’t always salvage big chunks of time. Organization tends to free up minutes. But the minutes add up. Here are five quick tips that conserve minutes that might eventually add up to hours.
1. If you think of things to do while you’re away from the office, leave messages on your own voice mail. I used to use an app called ReQall. It allows me to leave a voice mail that is converted into an email, that lands in my in box, ready for me to act on when I get back to the office. the app works on Android devices and I really miss it now that I’m an iPhone user.
2. Schedule off-site meetings at the beginning or the end of the day to avoid breaking up the day’s momentum. It may also help you avoid rush-hour traffic.
3. Schedule a “throw-out date” to purge your files. The beginning of the year or as soon as you pay your taxes are great times to do this task. This is a must to keep your file drawers workable.
4. Print or send out meeting guidelines and agendas so that participants can review them before the meeting starts. If applicable, schedule time for each topic covered in the meet. This will assure that everything gets covered in due time.
5. Locate your in-basket outside your office so people won’t have to interrupt you when they deliver paperwork. Think exam room at the doctor’s office. You’ll be able to work uninterrupted.
So in conclusion, make small changes and you will see that the little bits add up.