How to Build Game-Changing Productivity Habits
Adopt just a few productivity habits and you will set yourself and your business up for success.
- Check your email a certain number of times per day.
- Do not respond to a new incoming message until a scheduled time.
- Turn off the email notification sound on your computer so that you are not interrupted in the middle of a task or project.
- Deal with all incoming messages so that at the end of the day your inbox is empty.
- Create folders in your inbox to save necessary messages that are important that can’t immediately deal with. Name those folders.
- Make sure your personal and business files are separate.
- Have an easy to use filing system where you can easily and quickly find everything you need.
- Regularly purge files.
- Create two lists of projects, one for long-term and one for short-term. Prioritized each list.
- Schedule completion of the projects in your planner.
- Set up a place to house all of your projects.
- Create a way to capture all of your tasks.
- Evaluate this system quarterly to see if it is still working.
Storage and Office
- Store all of your overflow supplies are in one place. Make it a place where you can easily find what you need.
- Label all containers.
- Place all office equipment is strategically near you to make access easy.
- Have a place for archive files.
- Use your planner.
- Be on time for appointments.
- Return phone calls and emails in a reasonable amount of time.
- Plan ahead for the next day.
Adopt just a few productivity habits and you will set yourself and your business up for success. Click To Tweet
Focus on a few productivity habits you want to improve and make them your goals for the New Year. Post them somewhere where you can see them. Evaluate them on a quarterly basis to see if you need to change something or recommit to a goal. You may even decide to rewrite the goal entirely. Make all of your goals realistic so that you do not become discouraged if you don’t meet them. You are on your way to a more productive, stress-free workday.
Need more productivity habits reading? Check out this article from Fast Company, 15 Habits That Will Totally Transform Your Productivity.