Don’t you wish traveling could be more relaxing? But, sometimes it seems to take so much work just to get out of the house, that you may feel exhausted before the trip even starts. Making a list or two can help you with your travel plans.
This list should include two steps that need to be completed before you leave for your trip. These may include:
- Stop your mail and newspaper delivery, or ask a neighbor to collect it.
- Arrange for someone to keep an eye on your home. Make sure they have a key.
- Let family or friends know your travel plans, and give them a list of contact numbers, just in case.
- Arrange for the care of your pets.
- Refill needed prescriptions.
- Pay any bills that are due while you are out of town.
- Turn off the water to your home.
- Set your light timers.
- Unplug your TVs, computers and small appliances.
- Clean out the refrigerator, and make sure you empty the kitchen trash can.
Your suitcase should contain outfits planned for each day. Pack these in zip lock bags in order to keep everything for the day together.
Put medications, eye glasses, cameras, jewelry and a change of clothing in a separate bag that you will keep with you, in case your suitcase gets lost.
Pack your passport, if necessary.
Keep with you your contact information for your travel agent, the airlines and rental car company. Also, take along your travel intineray, including reservation confirmations.
Spend some time before you leave to make these lists, and you will be on your way to stress-free travel!