Do you wish traveling could be more relaxing? But, sometimes it seems to take so much work just to get out of the house, that you may feel exhausted before the trip even starts. Making a list or two can help you with your travel plans.
Travel To Do
This list will include the steps that need to be completed before you leave for your trip. These may include:
- Stop your mail and newspaper delivery, or ask a neighbor to collect it.
- Arrange for someone to keep an eye on your home. Make sure they have a key.
- Let family or friends know your travel plans, and give them a list of contact numbers, just in case.
- Arrange for the care of your pets.
- Refill needed prescriptions.
- Pay any bills that are due while you are out of town.
- Turn off the water in your home.
- Set your light timers.
- Unplug your TVs, computers, and small appliances.
- Clean out the refrigerator, and make sure you empty the kitchen trash can.
Your suitcase should contain outfits planned for each day. Pack these in zip lock bags in order to keep everything for the day together.
Pack your passport, if necessary.
Spend some time before you leave to make these lists, and you will be on your way to stress-free travel!
Subscribe by email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Janet has been organizing since 2005. She is a Certified Professional Organizer and the owner of Basic Organization.
She loves using her background as a space planner to challenge her clients to look at their space differently. She leads the team in large projects and works one-on-one with clients to help the process move quickly and comfortably. Call her crazy, but she loves to work with paper, to purge what is not needed and to create filing systems that work for each individual client.
Janet is a Past Board Member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals and a Past President of the Washington DC Chapter of NAPO were she has been named Organizer of the Year and Volunteer of the Year.