Setting Boundaries in Your Home Office
With the creation of the personal computer and internet (last century!) the home office was born. But years later we are still struggling to separate our work-shelves with our private-shelves since the space where we work is now, also the place where we live. It’s important to create boundaries to help you manage your time and keep these two parts of your life separate. How to?
- Wake up at the same time each day. Get dressed to project a professional attitude.
- Have office hours. Creating rituals around the beginning and ending of your workday.
- Schedule work during your high-energy time of day and block any interruptions during this time.
- Schedule social networking time, so you can have some down time in your work day.
- Clear anything that is not related to your work out of the office to avoid distractions.