10 Ways to Work Smarter
We all need to find ways to work smarter these days. So much going on. The need to do more with less time. Being connected 24/7. We are all there. You can find so many Tips and Tools to help you work smarter, and not harder.
Here are a 10 tips on how to work smarter:
- Try a reality check – Track everything you do in detail for 2 or 3 days. Journal tasks in 15 minute increments. You will get a reality check on how you really spend your time.
- Assess your tracking – Now that you’ve done the journaling, what trends show up? Where are you wasting time? What’s your most productive time of day?
- Drop the drains – Your time drains offer you the least pay-off of your time. How can you change, lessen or completely drop these?
- Stop multitasking – Trying to do two things at once actually slows productivity and drives up your stress level. Focus on one thing at a time.
- Batch your tasks – Opposite of multitasking is batching. Stop switching from one type of task to another. Instead focus on doing one kind of thing at a time.
- Streamline repetitive tasks – You can use templates or apps to automate your regular tasks to save time.
- Filter emails – Don’t waste time on unproductive emails by filtering them to skip your inbox and automatically land in another folder.
- Find your productive time – Focus on the important stuff at your most productive time of day to get more done.
- Work with a timer – You’d be surprised at how well this works. Set a timer for 20 minutes, then assign yourself a task to complete in that amount of time.
- Outsource – Delegate the tasks you don’t enjoy, are bad at or would be cheaper for someone else to do. You won’t have it nagging you any more.