How to do a Successful Cupboard Cleanup
July 6, 2020 / /
Is your pantry poppin? Cleaning our your cupboards can save you time and money and keep you safe.
Have your bread crumbs gone bad? Is the vegetable oil on the verge? Here is a list of some cupboard staples and their expiration dates. In addition, always remember to always store your staples in air tight containers in a cool dry place.
- Brown Sugar: Indefinite shelf life.
- Granulated Sugar: Indefinite shelf life.
- Coffee (canned, ground): 2 years if unopened, 1 month if opened.
- Coffee (whole beans): 1 month in freezer.
- Dried Pasta: 1 year.
- All Purpose Flour: 10 to 15 months, unopened or opened.
- Whole Wheat Flour: 1 to 2 months in pantry, 6 months in freezer.
- White Rice: Indefinite shelf life.
- Brown Rice: 6 months in pantry, 1 year in freezer.
- Bread Crumbs: 3 to 6 months in pantry, 2 years in refrigerator.
- Potatoes: 1 month. Do not refrigerate.
- Onions: 1 to 4 weeks in pantry.
- Nuts: 1 month if unopened, 2 to 3 months in refrigerator or freezer, if opened.
- Honey: Indefinite shelf life.
- Maple Syrup: 1 year in refrigerator, indefinite in freezer.
- Ketchup: 1 year if unopened, 4 to 6 months in refrigerator, if opened.
- Vegetable Oil: 3 months in pantry, 6 months in refrigerator.
- Olive Oil: 12 to 18 months.
- Vinegar: Indefinitely if unopened, 6 months if opened.
- Mayonnaise: Follow use-by-date if unopened, 2 months if opened.
- Soy Sauce: 1 year in refrigerator, if opened.
- Worcestershire Sauce: 12 years, unopened or opened.
- Frozen Vegetables: 18 to 24 months if unopened, 1 month if opened.
- Salsa: 1 year if unopened, 2 weeks in refrigerator, if opened.
- Eggs: 3 to 5 weeks in refrigerator.
- Pre-Grated Cheese: Follow package date if unopened, 3 to 4 weeks if opened.
- Peanut Butter: 6 months. Keep natural type in the refrigerator.
- Spices: 1 year. Some spices should be refrigerated.
Is your pantry poppin? Cleaning our your cupboards can save you time and money and keep you safe. Click To Tweet
In conclusion, it’s a good idea to periodically check expiration dates on all your cupboad/pantry supplies. Read 10 Steps for Cleaning Out Your Pantry.