Your Digital File Structure – Picture a Flower
How to Create a Digital File Structure
Creating a digital file structure can be as easy as drawing a flower.
Are you a visual person and just can’t see making the above statement happen? Try this.
Get out a piece of paper to sketch your filing name structure on it.
- How do you visualize where you’d find your digital files?
- What are the major categories of files on your computer?
Write them down and draw a circle around each.
- Picture that as a center of a flower.
- Now draw pedals off of each center to make subcategories.
- You can even make another low of outer pedals for sub-sub categories.
Continue this drawing exercise. Let your mind flow free. Be creative and see what you come up with. This is the beginning of your digital file structure.
Your next step is to implement what you drew on paper into your computer.