You want your kids to be organized. But you need it to be easy and fast and fun! It’s important for children to manage their own things. By giving them responsibility for their toys, clothes and rooms you teach them essential life skills. This is a broad subject, so it is broken down into a series of blog posts with tips you can use to make your life easier and your kids more organized.
Here are ten tips to organize toys and children’s books.
- Store small toys in see-through bins that are an appropriate size for your kids to carry.
- Sort items of the same tip into bins.
- Use labels to communicate where things go.
- Use container size as the limit for that type of item.
- Use the one-in-one-out rule to to cull the amount of toys.
- Never keep the box from a toy separate from the toy itself.
- Make it easy for preschoolers to put books away by housing them in bins.
- Store books for older children on shelves.
- Make putting things away as easy as taking them out.
- Model the behavior that you want from your children.