Productivity Improvement for Entrepreneurs
You can improve your productivity and take your business to the next level by adopting better business habits. These are fundamental rules that every Entrepreneur can implement. Follow these seven business rules to get to where you want to be.
- Start your business day the night before. After the dinner dishes are done plan your next business day. Write an old-fashioned “to-do” list, include everything you need to accomplish the next day. This brain dump will also help you sleep better tonight and tomorrow you will get a great sense of accomplishment as you cross off each item on your list.
- Set an alarm clock. Don’t think that since you work for yourself, you don’t need a schedule. In order to improve productivity you need to be on a schedule and control the start of your day.
- Never work in your pajamas. Getting dressed will help with your mind-set for the whole day. It will subconsciously show respect for you, your clients and your business. You will feel more confident and ready for action.
- Do not schedule meetings before noon. If you are at your best in the morning keep that time to get the most important things done. A concentrated effort in the morning will set you up to accomplish more than ever before.
- Take a mid-day break. You will improve your afternoon job performance with some exercise or relaxation in the middle of the day. You will come back to work with improved mental sharpness and more creativity.
- Have lunch with a mentor or colleague once a week. Step outside of your busy world and get some feedback on ideas. Taking the time for a relaxing lunch with someone you admire and can relate to will make a huge difference in how you look at your business.
- Reconcile your “to-do” list. At the end of your work day compare what you had planned to accomplish and what you actually got done. Did you have a good day? If you completed 75% of your list, you succeeded. However, if you fell below that number make some changes to gain better control of your business and be more productive.