Keeping New Year's Resolutions
January 1, 2015 / /
It’s that time of year again. Time to make a New Year’s resolution. It’s hard to make a big change in your life. A little planning can set you up for success.
- Be realistic – Don’t make your goal unattainable. Break down big goals into smaller ones that are easier to manage.
- Write it down – Putting your plan into words and tracking your progress will help you focus. If you do, you are more likely to follow through and stay motivated.
- Do it daily – Incorporate your resolution into your daily life. The changes you are making will become so routine that you won’t even have to think about it.
- Don’t go it alone – Tell someone what you goal is. Ask that person to support your efforts. Or find a buddy with the same goals, so you can motivate each other
- Reward yourself – Set short term goals, and then reward yourself when you reach them.
- Start right away – Don’t put it off.