Keeping it Together During the Witching Hour
That hour before dinner is the worst. You’ve finished your work for the day and need to get dinner on the table. DINNER! It’s supposed to be a time when your loving family can come together. But getting through that hour of preparing dinner and dealing with the kids at the same time can wear-you-out!
When you are busy it always seems dinner is the first thing to fall off the radar. But a little planning will benefit your weeknight warriors. First, do you make any of these mistakes? It’s easy to do. You’re late getting home or the kid’s are having a difficult day. Maybe you made it to the store, but now realize that you don’t have everything you need to prepare the meal you shopped for.
If this is you (the worn-out-mom) maybe you are making some of these mistakes:
- Waiting to think about dinner until it’s time to eat. This is usually when you order from GrubHub.
- Taking dinner a day at a time. Shopping everyday waste a lot of time.
- Shopping without a list. Way to much impulse shopping if you don’t plan.
- Waiting until you need something to purchase it. A time waster to shop for just one thing.
- Stocking your freezer with the wrong food. Freezing ready-to-cook meals saves time.
- Avoiding your slow cooker. A little work with a big pay off at the end of the day.
- No Back up plan. Have a few things in your pantry that you can make a meal is important.
Having a meal plan, shopping plan and dinner prep plan can make your life so much easier. Change your ways and see!