Back-To-School Time Management
OK. You’ve been back to school for a while. How are your kids managing?Time Management is a skill that your students need to master in order to succeed in a high-pressured school environment. Click To Tweet
One of the keys to successful study habits is the ability to concentrate with all of the distractions around you. Here are some time management principles that apply to schoolwork.
- Have a purpose when studying. Know the objective of each class and each chapter in the textbook. This allows you to use active listening and focused read actively. If you know the purpose of the class to start with, it is easier to recognize the information and get it into your notes.
- Study in chunks. Whether your attention span is two hours or forty-five minutes, don’t push yourself further than your limit. Take a brief five or ten-minute break and resume refreshed.
- Take advantage of your prime time. What ever period of the day when you are at peak mentally is your best study hour. Concentration is easier and energy is higher during this time. Schedule your more difficult tasks to coincide with your peak performance time.
- Plan your study time. By structuring your study time, it will be easier for you to concentrate on the task at hand. Without a plan, distractions come easy.
- Develop your power of concentration. Success depends on a lot of hard work and self-discipline makes it easier. Even the smartest student, with no discipline will fail.
Time Management is a skill that your students need to master in order to succeed in a high-pressured school environment. If you feel that they have gotten off on the wrong foot this school year don’t wait too long. Consider getting them the specialized help that they need to learn the skills of success! Give us a call!