10 Tips to Travel Like a Pro
June 12, 2012 / /
It’s time to go on vacation. With a few planning tips, you can have the best summer vacation ever!
- Find a vacation. If you don’t know where to go, research your options at Wander Fly. You note your price range and type of vacation and it lists possible locations that fit your criteria.
- Book your travel 6 weeks in advance. You’ll get the best prices on domestic flights if you plan this far ahead.
- Make a packing list. Planning ahead will give you the opportunity to delegate packing. Give each family member a list of what they need and let them do it for themselves.
- Find a great hotel. Use sites like Trip Advisor and read about the hidden gems others have found.
- Check your luggage. Even with charges for bags, avoid the hassle of schlepping through airports looking like a pack mule.
- Check food blogs. Find out where the locals eat by reading Traveler’s Lunchbox or google your destination plus food blog to find a great meal.
- Update your guidebook. Find the most updated information, not in a book, but on Wiki Travel, where you can find information on some unusual events and sightseeing.
- Eat breakfast at your hotel. You’ll save money and time by taking advantage of the free meal if your hotel offers one. If they don’t, make it simple with fruit and granola bars.
- Plan entertainment. How you will spend that layover at the airport or the lazy afternoon at the pool? Bring small toys for the kids and a book (or e-reader) for yourself.
- Use apps to find food. When hunger hits, you can find a place to nosh with Yelp, Urban Spoon, or Food Spotting apps.