10 Time-Saving Food Tips
Saving minutes (or even seconds) can add up to save you substantial time in the kitchen. Here are some tips to help you out.
1. Double the amount you cook and freeze half of it to make your own frozen dinners.
2. Cook dinners in a crock pot so the vegetables and meat cook while you’re at work.
3. Plan meals a week ahead of time and include the necessary items on your shopping list.
4. Roast in foil and use non-stick Teflon pans to speed up cleaning afterwards.
5. Use only one or two sizes of plastic food storage containers. Make sure they stack inside each other to take up less space in your cabinet.
6. Arrange all tools and ingredients for meal prep on the counter before starting to cook. It can save you time.
7. Use transparent containers for leftovers so you can see what you have in the refrigerator.
8. Make up casseroles in double quantities and freeze them to reduce future meal preparation time.
9. Organize the refrigerator so that everything can be readily seen. Put tall items at the back.
10. Don’t store items in the refrigerator if they don’t need to be refrigerated.